If your business is quiet over summer, it’s the perfect time to upgrade systems—less disruption! Here’s some suggestions for things to do.
- Replace computers which are near the end of their life.
- Check that your data backups work. (You are backing up all your data, aren’t you?)
- Install uninterrupted power supplies (UPS) to protect your equipment againt power surges—remember those problems in Sydney last week?
- Conduct an IT audit—see what hardware and software you have, make sure all your software is legally licensed, and identify things which need fixing.
- Start the year right: schedule in a planning session to figure out your IT and Internet priorities for 2007.